Sunday, September 23, 2012


Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers #2) 
By Tara Sivec

 

This story is a continuation of Tara’s first book Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1).
Claire and Carter are together in their happy little world.  Friends around them are getting married and they are enjoying their lives.  Carter has decided that he wants to make their relationship official and ask Claire to be his wife.  This story is the journey of this happening.  There are ups and downs and laughs beyond belief.
I really enjoy Tara’s humor she puts into her characters.  I told myself I would highlight the funniest quotes from the book as I read.  I found that I highlighted over 40 different ones!  I thought that it would be easy to pick my favorites for this review, but I’m thinking no.
-------
Some of my favorites:
“Gavin turns around and looks up at Drew with an angry look on his face.  ‘I’m going to put corn and hot sauce on your wiener and then I’ll hit you in the face with it.  Hit you in the face with your corny wiener.’ ‘Dude, you are an angry little man,’ Drew tells him and he shakes his head. ‘You’re a juice bag!’ Gavin yells.”
“In honor of the wine tours that evening, Drew dons a shirt with a picture of a corkscrew on the front that reads, “I pull out.’”
“’He peed on our chair,’ I complain, giving Drew the two-finger eye salute.  ‘You puked on my dick,’ Carter deadpans.  ‘Fine, you win,’ I say with a sigh.”
“’You’re a gigantic, stinkotic, vaginastic, clitoral, liptistic whore dizzle.”
’YOU AND YOUR STUPID RED AND WHITE STRIPED HAT!  FUCKING CATS DON’T WEAR HATS!’ Drew screams in frustration before throwing his phone against the wall.”
-------
I also love all the pop culture references that Tara made.  Vanilla Ice, Real Housewives of Orange County and Atlanta, Say yes to the Dress, Brides by Lori…to name a few. 
“Jenny looks over and sees the horror on my face as I try to block out the mental image of moldy cheese vaginas singing, ‘Mold, mold baby,’ in the voice of Vanilla Ice in my head.”
This book is mostly humor and if you want to laugh your lazy Sunday away like I just did, it’s perfect way to do that!

Review also on my goodreads page! http://www.goodreads.com/msrealitybookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment