Sunday, October 14, 2012


Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick #5)

By Kristen Ashley


 
 LUKE!  LUKE!!   LUKE!!!

This was by far the best in the Rock Chick series in my opinion.  I loved the action and love!  *sigh*

Ava is scarred from her past.  She grew up Fatty, Fatty, Four Eyes and had horrible sisters that degraded her at every opportunity.  Ava has sworn off men.  She is tired of getting used, abused and stolen from.  She is not going to get used again. 

When Ava’s BFF Sissy gets herself into some trouble with her husband, Ava knows she needs to help.  Sissy’s husband is a lowdown dirty, cheating, womanizing, mobster scoundrel!  He is a very bad man.  Dom has even hit on and kissed Ava (without her permission) in front of Sissy!  Sissy has had enough and she wants out of the marriage.  Ava has vowed to help her get away. 

Ava is in need of a PI and who better than Lucas Stark.  She grew up next to Luke and has been in love with him since she was 8 years old.  The last time she saw Luke was at his father’s funeral.  He was very sweet to her as always and wanted to meet her after for coffee.  Ava was more than willing to go, until she heard her dreadful sisters making fun of her and Luke together.  At that point, she vowed that she was going to avoid Luke until she was a bombshell that she knew she could be.  Ava hired a personal trainer Riley and began to work on herself.

Upon entering the Nightingale offices, she rethinks asking Luke for help.  She just doesn’t think she can handle it.  But everyone in the office holds her there until Luke arrives.  I absolutely loved all the banter between all the characters during this first encounter.  The comments of here it goes again etc.  I laughed and laughed!  Loved it!!! Luke doesn’t recognize Ava upon meeting her.  Has no clue. 

Of course Luke helps her! 

Luke---SWOON!—I wish I had a picture of this hottie!  Ripped, dark hair, mussels everywhere and of course the mustache!  He has had his own busted up past.  He and his father fought all the time.  He was a rebel and loved to ride his motorcycle.  We know lots from Luke from the other stories in this series too--such as his thing with Jules and Roxie.  Those these come out too.  And cause lots of drama!

We meet Dom-Sissy’s husband, Ren-Dom’s cousin who has the hots for Ava, Uncle Vito-Ren’s dad and mob boss, Lucky and Santo-Ren’s bodyguards, Riley-Ava’s personal trainer who also has the hots for her along with many others.

Sherleen!  I love her!  She’s a hilarious woman and I love how she takes Ava under her wing and into the Rock Chick’s group!

I loved the action in this book.  I missed it in book 4.  There is so much!  Shootings, rape scenes, fighting, lovin’, car bombs, German shepherds, duct tape!!  I loved how this book just kept me on my toes and kept going!  I didn’t want to stop reading and surely didn’t want to go to bed! 

I love how this one included all the Rock Chicks, Hot Bunch, Tex, Duke, Stevie and Tod!  This series is such a family that I miss when they are not all involved!  I also loved seeing Lee’s soft side again too!  I get so used to seeing his tough guy that I miss his sweetness sometimes!

Quotes I loved from this book:

““I will not calm down,” she was still yelling and she turned her eyes to Luke.  “Where were you when this happened, stud?” Oh no.  Sissy was channeling Olivia Newton-John from Grease.  It was never good when Sissy channeled Sandy’s Pink Lady from the finale.”

“I figured the Nightingale Investigations job application form had the question ‘Are you hot? Yes. No. If you answered no, please exit the building.’”
Also posted at Ms. Reality's Goodreads
 

Highly recommend this book!  I highly recommend this series!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment