Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Pleasures of Winter by Evie Hunter


The Pleasures of Winter

By Evie Hunter

Review posted at Ms. Reality Goodreads

ARC from publisher through NetGalley for Review

Release date November 1, 2012

5 Stars

Hardworking journalist, Abbie Marshall is in a bit of a jam and needs to get out of Honduras immediately.  The only way is to hop on a private jet with Hollywood heart-throb Jack Winter, under the pretense of interviewing him.  Abbie is instantly mesmerized with Jack’s unbelievable looks and his playful attitude.  

When the plane goes down in the rainforest, Abbie has to put trust in Jack to get her out alive.  Abbie sees sides of Jack that intrigue her and brings out parts of herself that she didn’t know existed. 

Upon returning to America, neither Jack nor Abbie can stop thinking about each other.  They have a connection that they need to explore, but there are many things that Abbie doesn’t know about Jack.  She must figure out if his secrets are hers too. 

------

My Thoughts:

I was drawn into this book during the first two chapters.  There was so much action and excitement that I couldn’t put it down! 

It did have a BDSM theme, but it was not overly done and definitely not hard-core.  I love how it was a progression throughout the story of learning what BDSM is and what happens during a dom/sub relationship.  The authors did not just throw it up in the air. It was very well explained and Abbie’s feelings/emotions on the lifestyle were very well written.  I also loved how Jack explained everything to Abbie and was so patient. 

I also loved that it wasn’t a ‘jump into bed with me now’ story.  It had build-up and excitement.  The sexual tension was thick and exciting.  I loved Jack’s jealousy and his caveman antics. 

Abbie was a strong character; independent, smart, focused and endearing.  I loved how she had a backbone and knew how to use it.  I also loved her journey of discovering her sexual desires.  She was so apprehensive and I could feel it thought the writing. 

Jack---swoon----- Irish accent, hot 6 pack abs, unbelievable body and pure Dom, but yet patient and thoughtful—what’s not to love?  Jack has his demons that he has been hiding which pulls you in more to him.  Loved him!

I do have some unanswered questions though.  I am hoping that there is a book 2 that continues this story, because I would like the answers. 

Overall, AWESOME book!  If you are a fan of Fifty Shades of Grey or Bared to You—you must read this book.  I highly recommend reading it!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment