Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens


Thoughtless

By S.C. Stephens

Also posted at:  Ms. Reality Goodreads

5+ Stars

Thoughtless is an emotionally charged well developed story that had me never wanting to put it down! 

 

Very Brief Summary:   

After moving to Seattle to be with her boyfriend, Denny, Kiera discovers that love can be difficult, beautiful, painful, and spontaneous and heart wrenching.  Kellen Kyle, Kiera and Denny’s roommate, proves to be the cause of her anguish. 

 

My Thoughts:

Thoughtless is an emotional rollercoaster ride full of love, lust, deception, lies and betrayal.  I was pulled in from the first few pages.  The character development was some of the best I have read.  SC was so detailed and thoughtful in writing, pulling me in at every turn.  I connected on some level (even if only a little with Kiera) with each of the characters.  It may have been love, lust or loathing, but I still connected. 

I also loved that each event in the book flowed so wonderfully.  From this scene to that, they all entertwined so beautifully.  Even though the book was quite long, I didn’t feel it while reading.

There was so much back and forth between all of the characters and their feelings.  One minute, I want to scream and strangle—the next I want to hold and comfort! 

I also loved how intense some of the scenes were.  I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next.  The way they were writing brought on an extra level of intensity. 

I LOVED Kellen!  Rock-god, bad-boy, hotter than hell man, was in my dreams many times since reading this book.  At first, I thought—what is he doing???  But, I couldn’t help but fall in love with him.  The anguish of his character pulled me in and I locked on tight.

I wanted to like Kiera. I really did, but I didn’t.  I still don’t.  There were parts that I did have a moment of understanding in the inner turmoil she was going through, but overall I just wanted to slap her!  I’m not going to rant and rave about her…even though I could, but I have to say I didn’t feel as if she deserved either man.

I would say this book is a MUST READ for everyone into romance novels.  It is beautifully written and I couldn’t put it down.  Now, I have to get up enough emotional courage to read Effortless!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment