Friday, November 30, 2012

Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde

                                                                                                                                        4 Hearts out of 5



Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Book #1 in Avoiding Series
->Review contains foul language read at your own discretion.
WARNING: You should re-frame from reading this in public because
This book may cause you to throw your reading device. Shout unexpectedly in public. Wanna kill a B*tch. And scream "OH HELL NO" and "OH SH#T" at least twenty times out loud.


If a fictional character can make me hate him/her as if they are a living entity than you get 4 Stars for that alone. This book kept me on my toes. With more than one villain running around I could barely contain my emotions. But the end... OH YES!*chuckles* The end made me smile because even though you hate the villain you must acknowledge when they get one up on you. And that is exactly what happened to me. I was so caught up in this cluster F#ck of Bullsh*t that i never saw it coming. You know the part, its the one you read when someone reveals their true self. Yeah. That part caused me to put the book down and yell "OH HELL NO" for the final time after reading Avoiding Commitment

Avoiding Commitment begins with Alexa receiving a very unexpected phone call from Jack. A guy she has been off and on with for the last six years. Jack needs her help. His current girlfriend Bekah wants to speak with his exes to get a better understanding of why he can't commit. And to Alexa's consternation along with my own, DRAMA ensues. And by way of flashbacks we learn Jack and Alexa's not so pretty extremely sorted history.

And that is all i can say without giving much away.

Thoughts
Hmmmm. This book was....all kinds of CRAZY. I didn't hate it and i didn't love it. Ummmm...Yeah I'm a HOT A## MESS just like Jack and Lexi.*smirk* This story was plagued with lies and Betrayal. And not a whole lot of regret or apologies for it. I started off feeling sorry for Alexa then i started to see what was going on and i am unsure how i feel about her at this moment. I have no clue as to why she put up with Jack off and on for six years after he revealed his selfish ass ways to her over and over again. Who does that?
Characters
Lexi- WHY? WHY? WHY? I have never met someone so willing to put up with that much bullshit. She pissed me off to no end. I lover her. I hate her.
Jack- I LOATHE him. PERIOD. He is the biggest BITCH in this book. Yeah i said it. "A duplicate." Really Jack? COME THE F#CK ON. GROW A PAIR!
Bekah- Is slick as grease. I HATE HER!
Ramsey- I like him he shows promise.
Chyna- Thank goodness Lexi has somebody. Even if its her.lol!!

My Ratings
Characters- Conflicted, Cunning and villainous
Writing Style- Good
Plot/Stroyline- Good
Steam Factor- High/Very Steamy
Overall- I liked it! But read at your own risk. And that risk is being royally pissed off.

Now go forth and read. Then come tell us all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment