Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher

Goodreads Summary
Dear Opportunist, 

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever. 

Dirty Red


My Thoughts
Have you ever read a book that just makes you so angry you want to punch someone? That just gets under your skin and brings out your inner Tyler Durden?! Then you must not have read a Tarryn Fisher book yet! 

Before reading this one, I really didn't think any book could make me feel as pissed off as The Opportunist did. I was wrong. So very wrong. Dirty Red had me wanting to cause someone or something bodily harm from the get go!! How in the hell that conniving little witch was able to get her way is beyond me! As much as I love Caleb, my first thoughts were he must be a complete and total dumbass! I mean seriously how could he not see through her and her schemes?! He sure wasn't blinded by love and she is not that great at hiding her vindictiveness especially when it comes to Olivia...so what is it about her?!  

As you can tell from the above I have a serious problem with Leah. And as much I loved this book (I feel so dirty using the L word to describe anything associated with Leah!) I hated it at the same time. My love came from the fact I felt totally justified in my hate for her. I have read other reviews where they say they felt some sympathy for her. Nope not happening here. i understand she had a rough start but that is no excuse! She had a chance to change her ways and be a better person with Caleb! She has no one but herself to blame for all the bad things that happen to her!!

I hated this book because I wanted more Caleb and Olivia. I know I know...this was Leah's book. But that doesn't mean we should not have gotten more of those two. Especially after the meeting with Leah and Olivia at the diner. And I want need to know what is in the damn box Olivia got! And the ending...seriously Tarryn?! How could you leave us hanging like that?! 

I am somewhat encouraged by the events of this book that Caleb and Olivia may possibly find their HEA. But then again I have learned to expect the unexpected with this author. She loves to torture her readers so chances are there will be no HEA of any kind for anyone because that is what we all want!

Impatiently waiting on the last book in this series!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Shit...I really have to read this! Btw great review :)

    ReplyDelete