Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

SPOILER FREE REVIEW
5+++ STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

Colleen never disappoints!

I LOVED IT!

"Promise me that you will never lose Hope.” She nods her head as I wipe her tears away with my thumbs.
“I promise,” she says.


High Expectations
I have to be completely honest when I first started this I was not all that impressed. I had very high expectations from the raving reviews. But I should have known it would not be long before I was held in a vise grip needing to know what would happen next.

High School Blues
Seventeen year old Sky has been home-schooled her entire life but not this year. This year she wants to attend regular school like a normal teenager with her best friend Six. After begging her mom to attend a public high school she finally agrees. Then much to her dismay Sky finds out her best friend Six will be spending senior year abroad in Italy in a foreign exchange student program. This does not deter her plans though, she pushes forward and is met with a not so friendly welcome by the 'mean girls' in school.

Sticky Notes on my locker? Bitch please... Be more Original
Before stepping foot in school Sky has already developed a rep for sleeping around with different guys. In reality she's a virgin who likes to sneak guys in her room to make out sessions. Unfortunately her reputation proceeds her and the female population at school decide to play pranks on her. All of which involve her locker with sticky notes, name calling on said notes, and the use of dollar bills. She befriends a guy named Breckin, and they both take to each other quickly as the new kids and outsiders at school.

You give me Butterflies
After a rough first day of school Sky hits the market up for sweets and that is when she sees him. The girl ringing her up takes interest with guy over in the next check out line. Sky can't resist taking a glance to see what has the girl salivating. And when she turns to look...BOOM. It happens. She begins to feel something in the pit of her stomach. A feeling she can't place.
Want.
Desire.
Lust.

When they lock eyes she can't stop looking and neither can he, but for very different reasons...

Running...
Once Sky learns the identity to the guy she finally feels something for 'Dean Holder' she's told he's nothing but trouble and to stay away. But Holder does not make it easy on her... She soon finds herself running to him because the boy she deemed HOPELESS is her only way out. And the secrets that he holds will bring her unimaginable answers to questions she never knew she had.


If words could break souls, my words just broke his in two. His face drops and tears fill his eyes. I know what I’m asking him to do and I hate that I’m asking him for this, but I need it. I need to do whatever I can to minimize the pain and the hatred in me. ~inner monologue of Sky

Thoughts
Colleen Hoover has done it again! I consider this book is A MUST READ! It has a great plot and characters that will stick to you long after you have finished reading it.

Dear readers,
My advice is that you keep a box of Kleenex handy because this is a tear jerker. The romance is on point, the steam is on point and the story will leave you SPEECHLESS. READ IT!


My Ratings
Characters- Lovable
Writing Style- Excellent
Plot/Storyline- Highly Emotional
Steam Factor- High/Very Steamy
Overall- I absolutely loved it! A MUST READ!!

Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it.



2 comments:

  1. Great Review! I'm starting this book today, can't wait especially since you said it's a must read! Colleen Hoover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete