Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle


4 Hearts

Goodreads Summary
Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents. Having never been to a co-ed party, much less on a date, Scarlett has relied on her books, her music, and living vicariously through her best friend Evie to keep her sanity as she's patiently awaited her freedom from their rule.

When Scarlett and Evie go away to college, Scarlett quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. With Evie's help, she must figure out the difference in the three and which one she wants before she ends up without any of them.

Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.

Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual content and harsh language.

My Thoughts
Oh where do I begin with this review? I guess I can start with the beginning....

When I first started reading this, I felt like I had read it before. It kept reminding me of another book. Young girl, just graduated high school, sheltered life, going off to college, breaking out of her shell? Any of this sound familiar?! It is funny because right when I said "hey this is just like Taking Chances!", the author herself brought attention to that fact. And you will find that there are many other books you may have read recently mentioned in this one! And I have to say, I LOVED it!

Now, do not let the above deter you from reading this book. Although it does have similarities to others, this story is its own. There is a uniqueness to it that you won't find in any other book. I loved Erin's writing style. The flow of the book made it easy to become engrossed in Scarlett's life and made you have to keep turning the page!

And the boys!! Oh, the yummy HAWT boys. 

First, we have Ash. Be still my heart! As soon as the author described him I immediately pictured a younger Charlie Hunnam, and he will forever be who I picture as Ash!  He is your typical college hottie who goes through women like most frat boys go through kegs! But when Scarlett meets him for the first time, there is an immediate connection. At first, she believes it is just her innocence attracting her to him and vice versa. But they both quickly realize it is something more...
 photo image_zpscc82c608.jpg

Then we have Dylan. He is a sweet Abercrombie and Finch type frat boy. Scarlett loves spending time with him as he makes her feel wanted. And while they have fun together and she REALLY enjoys making out with him, something just feels off. They text and talk on the phone often throughout the week, but he only wants to see her on Saturday's. Seems suspect to me!

 photo image_zpsbf92b5b3.jpg

And I saved the best for last..Mason. He is the hot rocker bad boy that has a panty melting smile. From the moment Scarlett lays eyes on him, she falls head over heels in lust. She finds herself wanting to do things to this boy she has never done with anyone else. And he seems just as taken with her. Their connection is H-O-double-T HOTT!!!
 photo image_zps15b53070.jpg
As you can see, Scarlett has herself quite the dilemma. How the hell is she going to pick from this delish selection of man candy?!

But tragedy strikes and leaves Scarlett's world turned upside down. She has to take time to do some soul searching and get herself right again. It is during this time that the decision of who she should be with becomes clear. But is it too late? Well, you will just have to read the book to find out! And believe me, you WANT to read the book! I must warn you though, this is a To Be Continued story!! 

**i received an email from the author and she informed me she is currently writing the second book! she hopes to have it out to us by the summer!**



2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review! Will def. put this on my to read list!!! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I am so happy you are adding it to your TBR list. You will not be disappointed! Thanks! -Becky

    ReplyDelete