Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review of Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters

4.5 Hearts

Goodreads Summary:

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?


My Thoughts:

I absolutely adored the characters in this book. The author did a wonderful, fantastic job in the character development of this book.  She was so descriptive and punched me in the face with the character connection I felt.

Maysie is a dynamic character.  We are put through so much with her.  My favorite thing aobut her was her confidence and seeing that confidence crumble--crushed me.  She is such a relatable character.  Every way she turned, I saw myself. 

I loved feeling that instant attraction between Jordan and Maysie.

"Down Vagina!  Down Girl."

Their pull was so strong and it continued to suck me in!

"Holy bad boy Batman!"

Jordan.....Jordan......Jordan.....
I loved him---I hated him---I loved him again.  He put me through the ringer.  I kept picturing him in my mind and I don't think I could do him justice.  I think he is off the charts when it comes to bad ass hotness.  As I was reading, I could hear him beat on the drums and sing directly to me...yummy!

The chemistry between Jordan & Maysie was electrifying!  The build up of their relationship was intense.  The bedroom (well some were in the bedroom) scenes were smoking, realistic and very HOT!

"Damn had he seriously just screwed my brains out behind a dilapidated old shed in the middle of a party?  Yes, he had."

I also loved the college/sorority/fraternity storyline.  It was so realistic and dead on!  It took me back to a time and place where I was young and carefree!  :)

I can't finish this review without talking about the secondary characters.  Riley, Olivia, Milla, Gracie, Viv and Eli.  Even though they were in the background the author did a wonderful job at connecting them to me as the reader.  I loved some (Riley); hated some (Milla); annoyed by some (Olivia, Eli); made friends with some (Gracie and Viv), but each held a very special place in the storyline. 

Overall, wonderful read!  Highly recommend to all who like college romance!



No comments:

Post a Comment