Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Rule by Jay Crownover

5 HEART REVIEW!

Goodreads Summary:

 I had loved Rule Archer since the first moment I ever laid eyes on him. He was everything I shouldn't want and the only person I went out of my way to not try and please. He only saw me as a brat, and an entitled, stuck up princess but worse than that all he saw when he looked at me was his deceased twin's girl. It broke my heart because as much as I had loved Remy Archer there was never anything romantic between us and no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that loving Rule was a terrible idea, my poor heart just wouldn't listen. We tolerated each other, barely and had forged an uneasy alliance until one night I had too much to drink and changed the way we were forever. Suddenly life long secrets were no longer hidden and the one thing I always wanted for myself seemed obtainable as long as I was willing to go through hell to hold onto it.

Shaw Landon was a class act and I had no idea what to do with her. She was tied to my family, tied to the person that was my other half so I tolerated her and her haughty attitude when I didn't have any other choice. What I didn't know was that a short skirt and too many cocktails on her birthday was going to change my outlook on her for the rest of my life. Some people thought I hid behind all my tattoos and piercings, that I tried to distance myself from my dead twin, Shaw saw through it all and wasn't scared of what was underneath. We weren't supposed to be together, weren't supposed to be anything but uncomfortable acquaintances but that all changed in the blink of an eye. Now I had to figure out just how a girl like her and a guy like me were supposed to be in love without destroying each other. Add in her custom made ex and two disapproving sets of parents and the whole situation sounded like it was more trouble then it was worth.
Recommended for mature readers due to sexual content, language and drinking.


My Thoughts

First, let me address the elephant in the room.
Editing...
YES, this book does need some editing. It honestly did not bother me. I am more about the meat of the book, not if someone misspelled a word or forgot a comma. But if that sort of thing bothers you, I would suggest waiting until the edited version (the author is having it done as I type!) comes out. "Opposites don’t just attract they freaking catch fire and burn the entire city down.” No words could be better used to describe Rule and Shaw.

Rule is a hot, tatted up bad boy. He has piercingly in places that would make most men shriek like a girl.
 photo image_zpsed92c42d.jpg
Shaw is a high class blond bombshell who is used to the finer things in life.
 photo image_zps1407730e.jpg
No two people could ever be more different. But Shaw has been in love with Rule since she was 13. Problem is, he has always considered her to be his dead twin brother, Remy, girl.

The roller coaster that is Rule and Shaw's relationship is full of ups and downs. When things are good, they are really good. But when they are bad, you have to question if opposites really can work.

There were times when I wondered if the baggage of their past was just too much for them. Don't get me wrong, I was pulling for them from the beginning. But some of Rule's actions, past and present, made me wonder if he realized just how deeply Shaw felt for him.

Their story literally sucks you in from the first page and does not let go. I could not put the book down because I needed to know what was going to happen. Even now, hours after do finishing the book, I am still thinking about Rule and Shaw. Seriously an AH-MAZ-ING book, typo's and all!!

And YES this is a series, but there is NO cliffhanger! The next one will be about 2 of the supporting characters you will meet in this book.


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I think Im going to read this one starting Feb. 2nd as a buddy read. I've heard good things about it. Who doesn't like a tatted up bad boy with piercings. Be still, my smutty heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hazel, I am glad you liked it! And Rule will definitely meet your expectations...and then some! Would love to hear what you think once you are finished reading! -Becky

    ReplyDelete