Friday, January 4, 2013

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #1) By: Jessica Sorensen

5 Hearts

 
 
Goodreads Summary
There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.

Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.

For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.

Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.

(New Adult Contemporary)*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.

My Thoughts
I do not know why I keep torturing myself with these books!!! I knew from reviews that this was one was going to end and leave me wanting more! But despite that, I still just had to read it now. I couldn't wait until closer to the release date of the next book. So I have to suffer for 2 WHOLE MONTHS waiting for more!! UGH!

Despite my little rant above, I truly loved this book. It does touch on some pretty powerful issues but I that is what pulled me in. My heart broke over and over again for Callie and Kayden. I needed to know that they were going to be okay. The things they suffered were unimaginable. But fate had a plan for them. And through those horrible things they had to suffer, they were able to find some peace in each other.

“In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one.” 

It was bittersweet to read of Callie and Kayden's journey from friendship to something more. But will it be enough to overcome the horrors they have both suffered? It seems they are on the right track. But that all changes when they go home for the holidays. You realize quickly that they can not run from their past. The only thing to do is face things head on. But for one of them, that just might be their undoing.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the next book in this series because I NEED to know what happens next for Callie and Kayden. I am also hoping to find out more about Luke and Seth.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment