Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire

A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful Series, Book #2.5)
By: Jamie McGuire
 
 
You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.
 
 
 
 
I read Beautiful Disaster a year ago and when I finished it, I went back to page one and read it again.  I loved it that much.  Not only do I have it as an e-book, and a paperback but also as an audiobook.  My paperback has been leant out to so many people over the last year that it is falling apart.  I have re-introduced so many people to the joy of reading with this book.
Jamie then gave us Walking Disaster, the whole story from Travis POV, which included lots of new bits and then that wonderful epilogue.  If you can read the scene from Thanksgiving when Travis returns to his family home after dropping Abby off and not cry….….. my heart broke for him.  The audiobook version of this is soooo good too.
We thought that was it and then Jamie gave us A Beautiful Wedding J
 
This picks up from the end of Beautiful Disaster and we get inside Abby’s head and her reason for proposing to Travis.  Her inner turmoil, as she struggles to protect him and do what is right for them after the tragedy at Keaton Hall.
 
We have a front row seat at their wedding and Abby’s thought’s before she walks up the aisle.  And then there is that letter – OMG, I cried like a baby!
I simply LOVED this and it felt like I was unwrapping a special Christmas present as I turned each page and enjoyed being back in Travis & Pidge’s world.
 
 
Series reading order:
Beautiful Disaster - #1
Walking Disaster - #2
A Beautiful Wedding - #2.5
Guest Reviewer @Reality Bites! Let's Get Lost!
 
 
 
 
 
Website:

Twitter:

Facebook:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment