Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review: VIP by M. Robinson

VIP (VIP Series, Book #1)
By: M. Robinson
 
 
32 year old Sebastian Vanwell, was a very successful yacht broker, who always loved the design and architecture of a luxurious boat. His only addiction was being on the water. He loved it, he thrived on it, and he needed it in his life. After a very stable, loving child hood with only a few bumps, Sebastian married the love of his life. The one person that he knew would always be there. Julia was his rock, and he loved her more than life itself. Sebastian kept his addiction to the water under control, wanting to keep his time with his wife and son his number one obsession, that was until he saw her. This new addiction haunted him, the one compulsion that he couldn't control no matter how hard he tried.

Ysabelle Telle hit him hard, knocking the wind from his lungs. Coming from worlds apart, beautiful, dark complexion Ysabelle Telle didn't have the rich, protected background that Sebastian Vanwell had. Ysabelle lived a life of hell, in poverty, growing up with a drug addict mother that never cared, and horrific living conditions. Ysabelle lived for one person and one person only; herself. She was pure perfection, her beauty along with a flawless body had men lined up, driveling over her insuring her success as a VIP.

There are too many words that describe the effects when two diverse worlds like theirs collide. They both have too much to lose to get caught in the forceful pull, which could destroy them both.

Warning sex/drugs/language. Mature readers only.
 
 
I was on the hunt for a book to read (like I don't have 500+ on my kindle app already!) and stumbled across VIP on Amazon. I read the synopsis and was sold immediately. I downloaded the sample (I do this now to help with my impulsive one-click addiction, or so I tell myself! LOL) and I was hooked from chapter one.

This book blew me away. It is so unique not only in the storyline, but also in the way it is written. I felt like I was sitting down having a conversation with Ysabelle and Sebastian. I wasn't reading about their story, they were TELLING it to me. It felt so intimate and really enhanced my experience while reading VIP.

The thing I found interesting was the fact that I felt like I was almost reading two different books for a while. It doesn't immediately begin with Ysabelle and Sebastian being together. First, you are given the back story of how they grew up and the decisions later in life that lead them to one another. I have read other books where this has been attempted before and it didn't work for me. It definitely worked in this one though.

This is not an easy read by any stretch of the imagination. Especially Isabelle's. It is gut wrenching to read about how this tiny little child was treated by her sorry excuse of a mother. The things she went through and had to do to survive was hard to read about. But it was a necessary part of the story to be able to understand the choices she makes later in life.

Sebastian's story was easier to handle, especially in the beginning. He lived the ultimate suburban kinda life. He had the perfect parents, who lived in the perfect neighborhood and had the perfect friendship with the girl next door. But things change for him when he meets Olivia. I struggled with some of the decisions that he made after that point. But bad choices or not, they are what lead him to Ysabelle.

This truly was a great read start to finish. I was a walking zombie for a day or so after finishing because I could not stop reading once I started, which interfered with my sleep (who needs more than 2 hours anyway?!). But those are the types of books I love best. The ones that suck you in and hold you hostage until the very end. That is why VIP is going on my Faves of 2014 shelf. Any book that cause loss of sleep and ignoring of the outside world deserves to be labeled a favorite!

I can't wait for more of Ysabelle and Sebastian's story!

*Book contains explicit sex, drug use and rape.*
 
 
Amazon
 
B&N
 
 
Blog
 
Facebook
 
Twitter
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment