Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Promo Blitz: Playing in the Rain by Jane Harvey-Berrick

add-to-goodreads-button31
 
 
Ava Lawton can’t believe her run of bad luck. It’s supposed to be an exciting time in her life: fresh out of college, living in a new state, with a new job, and away from her family at last.
 
 
But when she’s forced to quit her job, everything falls apart quickly. Suddenly, she’s alone in a crowd, with no one to turn to.
 
 
At her lowest point, a stranger gives her a message that brings her hope.
 
 
Now is the time to live life her own way.
 
 
Now is the time to choose to be happy.
 
 
And maybe it’s time to let a beautiful stranger be part of her life.
 
 
Ava has just been fired from her dream job as an intern and is sitting in traffic during pouring rain.  She glances out the window of her car and sees a gorgeous man out running with his dog.  He sees her too and knocks on hercar window, passing her a note that reads ‘You’re Beautiful.’  He runs off and she drives away.
 
Who is this guy?  Why did he pass her the note? Curiosity gets the better of her so the nest day she returns to the park he was running into in the hope that she may see him again.  She does.  He is even hotter up close and he remembers her.  
 
Cody is the sweetest guy that Ava has ever met.  He has such a carefree outlook on life and she is swept up with his enthusiasm to be spontaneous and seize the moment. She finds herself doing and experiencing things she never dreamed of doing.  Cody opens her eyes up to the possibilities of what she could be.
 
She is now re-thinking what she had planned out for her life and it's all because of Cody.  She is feeling more than she ever has and finds herself thinking more about what ifs? Some people come into your life for a reason and the day she met Cody will be one of those moments she will never forget.
 
This was a really sweet story that asked the question, "if you were faced with this, what would you do?"
 
I give this 4 stars
 
 
And there we saw the sunset.

 
My mouth dropped open as a blaze of red and orange burned the sky, setting the mesa alight in an astonishing display of nature or God or some deity more powerful, older, more mesmerizing than anything I had seen.

 
I think I gasped, and clutched Cody’s arm, our silence more meaningful than any words could have been. A deep stillness filled me as I watched the cycle of day to night, as the earth turned. And I was part of it; together we were part of it. My problems seemed small and ridiculous and I promised myself that this was where my life started again: this day, this moment, with this man at my side—if he’d have me.


 
 
 
I started writing contemporary romance two years ago. Before that, I didn’t think I could write a sex scene. Turns out I can!
 
 
My lucky number is 13 because I was born on the 13th and live near a haunted castle by the ocean. My number one past-time is watching hot surfers get changed into (and out of) their wetsuits.
 

My husband doesn’t read my books. My mother does.
 

Writing is my love, my hobby, my total addiction. All my characters are important to me and whisper their stories, even when I’ve finished writing their books. That’s why you’ll often find bonus chapters/out-takes from various books, because those voices just won’t be quiet.  You can also visit Jane on her Amazon Page.
 
 

Goodreads:
Twitter:
Blog:
Amazon:
Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jane-Harvey-Berrick-Author/517114018417279

 
 
Hosted By:
EJ Button
 
 
 
 





 





 



































 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment