Sunday, October 26, 2014

Review: Bait by M. Mabie












 
He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist.
[She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.]

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him.
[I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.]

He’s almost impossible to say no to.
[She never tells me yes.]

We’re always fighting.
[When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up.]

He makes me laugh so hard.
[I miss her laugh the most.]

I'm a liar.
[She knows the truth, but won’t admit it.]

Sometimes, I wish I'd never met him.
[I wish we could meet all over again. I'd do better.]

His girlfriend knows.
[The guy she’s with is a fool.]

I’ll never love anyone like I love him.
[She doesn’t love me enough to choose us.]

It was the wrong place.
[It was the wrong time.]

It should have been him.
[It will always be her.]

*This book contains adult situations and is recommended for adult readers.
 
My reaction right after I finished this book:
UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! This book pissed me off SO DAMN MUCH! I need to sit on this one for a few days before i even attempt to write a review because right now it would be all f this and f that. 

MY REVIEW 
Blake and Casey meet by chance one night at a bar. The attraction is instant for both and while most people would leave it at that, these two didn't. What was to only be a one night stand turns into many nights spread out of the course of a year. The problem?

She is nearly engaged and he has a girlfriend.

Now, the subject matter of this book is one I have read many times and I don't know why, but it was one I love. Maybe it's the angst and the roller coaster of emotions you get with it. But I have NEVER been so angry while reading another book like it as I was with this one! I swear, I haven't wanted to punch someone as much as I did Blake. She pissed me off to no end and her continued selfish behavior was more than I could stomach at times. Seriously, I've never wished a character was real so much before just so I could smack some sense into them!

The one big draw for me, the thing that kept me turning the pages was Casey. There is just something about him that pulls you in from the beginning. Which is why I totally could see why Blake was as well. And had it not been for the way she treated him over and over again, I might have even liked her a little. But for her to turn a blind eye to what was right in front of her, I can't even think about it because it just ticks me off again!

And while I would never condone cheating EVER, the way the author has written Blake and Casey's story, well, let's just say I understood it. But where I see a clear cut, black and white decision that should've been SO easy for Blake to make, it isn't. She has her reasons for not going the direction I wanted her to.

This is definitely a book you have to go into with an open mind and without judgment. Because if you don't, you're not even going to make it a quarter of the way through. Not to mention the fact, you will come away from it mentally unstable if you try to make heads or tails of what drives Blake to make the choices she does.

Now, I have to sit on all these emotions until book #2 comes out so that I can get some sort of closure. And I am REALLY hoping the right decisions are made by all that are involved. I am going to close with this, so M. Mabie, I hope you see this!!

JUST SAYIN'!!
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment