Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: Unclaimed Regrets by Stacy M. Wray

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24906904-unclaimed-regrets

I’m in limbo. If you look close, you’ll see that I’m basically going through the motions. If you look even closer, you’ll see that I’m empty and frustrated as hell with my life.


And then it arrives. That four by six card that tells me  ten years have gone by when I wasn’t paying attention. I’m paying attention now.

Pulling my dusty box of memories from the closet shelf, my index finger slowly sifts through the keepsakes that represent the aura of Trey Masterson. The boy who moved from Missouri to Vermont and swept me off my feet the first day of our sophomore year. The boy who I never thought I’d have a chance with but he only had eyes for me. The boy I fell in love with and never stopped.

When we see each other again at our high school reunion, every feeling I ever had for him bleeds from my heart and leaks into every cell of my existence, and I finally feel like I can breathe for the first time in years. I don’t quite get the same reaction from him. In fact, his reaction is downright…cold?

Never knowing the reason of our undoing after I went away to college, I just want some closure. But we can’t seem to carry on a conversation without sparking a slew of emotions - each word igniting all the hurt that’s been buried for ten years.

During the week of our stay in our small town in Vermont, we keep crossing paths but jealousy, bitterness and tragedy threaten to hinder any hopes of possibly rekindling the passion we once shared.

This is a love story that is told through Adelyn Winters’ and Trey Masterson’s POV and reflects the time they met in high school to the present day.

As soon as an author mentions the words second chance love you can count me in.  There is nothing like reading an angst filled story about high school sweethearts who break up and then several years later they see each other again.

Adelyn and Trey begun dating in high school.  Trey has moved to their small town and is used to having plenty of girls interested in him but he is drawn to Adelyn.  She doesnt need to try to get his attention at all, she captured it the first time they met.  They have a really sweet romance and Trey is a very swoon worthy boyfriend.

Something happens not long after Adelyn left for college and their relationship ends.  Ten years later and Adelyn receives an invitation to their high school reunion.  The past 10 years have been very unhappy ones for her and she cant stop thinking about Trey and what he is doing now.  Is he happy?  Is he married?

The much anticipated reunion she had so much hope for ends up being a big disaster, the frosty reception she gets from Trey is not what she had in mind.

Theirs is a story is full of assumptions and both of them jumping to conclusions that in effect kept them apart for 10 years.  They are both equally to blame for what went wrong, and continues to go wrong.  Their inability to be open and honest with each other is the only thing threatening to keep them apart.

After all these years and what they have individually gone through these two really deserve to get their happy ever after.  I should also mention there is also a nasty scheming person who seems to be determined to make sure this does not happen.  Nothing like a book villain to keep you entertained in a story!

I really enjoyed this second chance love story and give it 4 stars.


Pre-Order on Amazon:Unclaimed Regrets

https://www.facebook.com/authorstacymwray
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10326464.Stacy_M_Wray



No comments:

Post a Comment